Skills for everyday life.
We all should be prepared for what comes along with adulthood. And let’s be honest, basic “adulting” skills are typically not taught in a classroom. Somehow you’re just supposed to know when to change the battery on your smoke detector or how to put air in your tires. Don’t worry – we’re here to provide keys to everyday skills for the random things life throws your way!
- Habitat for Humanity ReStore
- Greater Cleveland Food Bank
- Cuyahoga County Jobs and Family Services Prevention, Retention Contingency Program
- If you have an emergency that is a one-time, short-term crisis, the Prevention, Retention, and Contingency (PRC) program may be able to help. Services include support with utility assistance, Medicaid and emergency food assistance.
- Pathways Enrichment Center Food Pantry
- Phone Number: (440) 406-7647
- Lorain County Community Action Agency
- USTogether Interpretation Services
Ohio Based Resources
Below are some life skills resources that may come in handy:
- How2Life App - Pilot Project
- How to Speak Up and Be Heard: Self-Advocacy
- 100 Things Everyone Should Know How to Do
- Basic Cooking Skills for Young Adults
- Must Have Papers
- How to Order Certificates
- Ohio’s Online Voter Registration System
- Catholic Charities Diocese of Cleveland
- Life Skills Everyone Should Learn
Interacting with Adults Made Easy
Sometimes it can be hard to connect and interact with people older than you. Find out tips and tricks to make talking with adults easy.
Standing Up for Yourself
Some call it self-advocacy; others call it knowing your worth. Check out this advice from young adults who stood up for themselves when faced with adversity.
The Perks of Mentorship
Having a guiding light can make even the hardest parts of adulthood a little bit easier. Take a listen to how having a mentor helped these individuals succeed.